Logged Users (last hour): 103
Registered Users: 227,177

Where do all the rich MEN hang out?

90 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quad-Bert's picture

Btw, my favourite pub will be closed soon Sad :( Sad .

When are the happy hours in Centro bar?? Thanks.

Regards

babochina's picture

from 6 to 8pm
from 12 to 2 am

see u there Smile

KeithZhao's picture

Some of my clients are sort of boss-expat (which means they come to china to be boss of some subsidiary or start business), they usually meet people in kerry center... so I thought thats the place for "relative-rich/successful" man hangs out..... :roll: And guys in it dress decent , so ....

Of course the really rich man just hang out with friends in their private party in their fancy countryside villa Biggrin

Ski in sweden or...

toballoyola's picture

Good point, Keith.

~ Tobal.

Gordon's picture
"babochina" wrote:
from 6 to 8pm
from 12 to 2 am

see u there :-)

Which Happy Hour are you there for? Not both, surely??!! :shock:

-----------------------------------
I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far

lostinspace's picture
"babochina" wrote:

-affluent looking foreigners are plenty, but it s often funded by their companies expat allowances
-vulgar displays of wealth (brands, clothes, mobiles, cars ...) are so common here particularly, and in the upper middle class all over the world that luxury items have stopped being signs of a real, solid fortune

I would have to agree with you that flash and bling bling are so yesterday. but is there anything wrong with being funded by their companies expat allowances? :oops:

Quad-Bert's picture
"babochina" wrote:
from 6 to 8pm
from 12 to 2 am

see u there :-)

Thanks for the info -- "late afternoon" sounds okay for me. Night only for weekend.

See you there! Lol

babochina's picture
"Gordon" wrote:

Which Happy Hour are you there for? Not both, surely??!! :shock:

the 6-8 thing
i keep my liver in shape for altruistic alcoholics Wink
babochina's picture
"lostinspace" wrote:
I would have to agree with you that flash and bling bling are so yesterday. but is there anything wrong with being funded by their companies expat allowances? :oops:

nothing wrong there ;-)
enjoy a bit of comfort and material amenities provided by ur employer must be soothing
but for the real golddiggers, i suppose it ain t enough

and yeah, bling bling is so desperately common/vain/wasteful of resources/socially frustrating Smile

"don t fart above ur ass"

liveforfood's picture

Well I can't answer the question of the post for all the men in question, but generally I'm usually either in front of my computer, running out in the mountains or hanging out at the open end of my beer mug.

;o)

lulukeka's picture

seriously, about Centro's new VIP card policy...it really pisses me off ever!

Gordon's picture
"lulukeka" wrote:

What's the new policy? Please enlighten me! God forbid it means that we might have to wait even longer for drinks.

--------------------------------------
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.

CalGuy's picture

Yeah, I went there once (Centro.)

Plus: good high end tequilla instead of the swill (Senior Pepe's :shock: ) that some of the bars in BJ had. Cuervo, Petron are a mark of civilization.

Minus:
Bartenders that were talking too much and were hard to get a hold of even sitting at the bar. And the wait time from the time I ordered my tequila/corona until the time I receive them would have given me time to fly back to California, drive to Tiajana and order one from a bar there.

Too many pretentious people. Yuck.

lulukeka's picture
"CalGuy" wrote:
Yeah, I went there once (Centro.)

Plus: good high end tequilla instead of the swill (Senior Pepe's :shock: ) that some of the bars in BJ had. Cuervo, Petron are a mark of civilization.

Minus:
Bartenders that were talking too much and were hard to get a hold of even sitting at the bar. And the wait time from the time I ordered my tequila/corona until the time I receive them would have given me time to fly back to California, drive to Tiajana and order one from a bar there.

Too many pretentious people. Yuck.

the service there is good comparing to other bars here in beijing. since centro is fairly "busy" comparing with other hotel bars....so, you might would like to try Aria, Zeta next time...you don't need to wait "long", coz you might be the only a few countable customers there.

lulukeka's picture
"Gordon" wrote:
"lulukeka" wrote:

What's the new policy? Please enlighten me! God forbid it means that we might have to wait even longer for drinks.

--------------------------------------
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.

better forget about the VIP card issue, if you are not a holder now, forget about it....it only means you pay more money to pay for those booze, unless you are a regular can go there, say every day.

CalGuy's picture
"lulukeka" wrote:
the service there is good comparing to other bars here in beijing. since centro is fairly "busy" comparing with other hotel bars....so, you might would like to try Aria, Zeta next time...you don't need to wait "long", coz you might be the only a few countable customers there.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with bars in Beijing, so I'll take your word for it. (only been to Centro's, some place called banana I think next to my hotel, and a few smaller bars)

I'm used to getting my shots quickly when I'm seated at the bar - that's one reason I usually belly up to the bar instead of getting a table.

There was such a long time in between shots that I was sobering up. :shock:

I'm used to shot, shot, shot, shot until I get that good happy feeling and then switch into beer cruise control.

But I adjusted at Centro's and ordered 2 shots at a time when I was finally able to get the bartender's attention again. Lol

lulukeka's picture
"CalGuy" wrote:
"lulukeka" wrote:

I don't have a whole lot of experience with bars in Beijing, so I'll take your word for it. (only been to Centro's, some place called banana I think next to my hotel, and a few smaller bars)

I'm used to getting my shots quickly when I'm seated at the bar - that's one reason I usually belly up to the bar instead of getting a table.

There was such a long time in between shots that I was sobering up. :shock:

I'm used to shot, shot, shot, shot until I get that good happy feeling and then switch into beer cruise control.

But I adjusted at Centro's and ordered 2 shots at a time when I was finally able to get the bartender's attention again. :lol:

next time, you tell simon or bruce, esp bruce, that "i wanna open a whole bottle of champagne"...you will get their Full Attention!-----those people are only aroused for that.

CalGuy's picture

Haha, good advice. Thanks!

I wonder if they do that for hard liquor (e.g. Tequilla?) Bars here normally won't give you a bottle to pour from on your own.

If they let you do that in Beijing, that's HEAVEN!

MTgirl's picture

@ocpaul Thanks for creating the thread to balance out the rich women one.

I will apologize first, if you are offended ... sorry.

I think it says a lot about humanity today when we are judging people based upon their portfolios instead of the heart. I have dated rich men and they were assholes to the nth degree. They thought they owned me because I come from ... do I dare say it ... the wrong side of the tracks, a trailer park or whatever. People spend way too much time judging each other on appearances rather than the person who they are and the good things they do for others.

I would like someone to answer why they are looking for a "rich" man or woman? I am looking for a good man to spend my time with, money is not the end all be all of a relationship.

adrenalyn's picture

They hangout in my bedroom Lol :lol:

But they also have to be at least 180cm, has a six pack, stamina of a stallion, and have published a piece of original work that either offers new intellectual insight or have contributed to endeavours that makes this world a better place.

If any ladies wants me to pass on ones that I am getting bored with, i'd be happy to do so

Herbz's picture
"lulukeka" wrote:
next time, you tell simon or bruce, esp bruce, that "i wanna open a whole bottle of champagne"...you will get their Full Attention!-----those people are only aroused for that.

Don't forget to kiss boit though or you'll end up getting full bill as well, seen some really cocky women go down hard that way...

liveforfood's picture

Btw Adrenalyn,

for the record, I have a six-pack.

I'm just lacking the plastic thing to hold it all together.

KeithZhao's picture
"MTgirl" wrote:
I am looking for a good man to spend my time with,

@MT, how is your pm box now? Doesnt work bcos full of spam Biggrin

ocpaul20's picture
Quote:
@ocpaul Thanks for creating the thread to balance out the rich women one.
you're welcome. Smile
bikechick's picture
Quote:
Bartenders that were talking too much and were hard to get a hold of even sitting at the bar.

CalGuy, get to know Bruce, Gary, Randy and the other guys behind the bar. Then you will have no problem getting a drink at Centro (especially if you give them a tip every once in a while.

lulukeka's picture
"bikechick" wrote:
Quote:
Bartenders that were talking too much and were hard to get a hold of even sitting at the bar.

CalGuy, get to know Bruce, Gary, Randy and the other guys behind the bar. Then you will have no problem getting a drink at Centro (especially if you give them a tip every once in a while.

oh well, but Bruce never goes behind the bar though Wink ----that's simon. Blum 3

adrenalyn's picture

Live for food, private party at my place tomorrow, you bring the 6pack, i'll supply the plastic. Wink

MTgirl's picture
"KeithZhao" wrote:
@MT, how is your pm box now? Doesnt work bcos full of spam :D

Keith, you know I am not what most men are looking for here. Wink My inbox is manageable. Thanks for the concern.

CalGuy's picture
"bikechick" wrote:
Quote:

I can't help but tip, I'm 美国人. It's bred/conditioned into us and I come close to having an anxiety attack when I don't do it... Lol

somebody's picture

I always hang out with my money... US Dollar, UK Dollar, Un Dollar. Just too much. I like counting my moneys. Sure most of my money are in banks. But I still have a lot of them around me.

Pages