Logged Users (last hour): 214
Registered Users: 227,409

Chinese water therapy

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
wave's picture

Has anyone tried this before?
I read about it and all the great claims for health. Apparently you need to drink about 2.5L of warm boiled water first thing in the morning every day, and can't miss a day for as long as you want to stay healthy.

Let me know if you've had any experience with it or can give me any tips as I'm thinking of trying it.

wave's picture

Really? No one?
There must be someone that has tried it, or knows a guy who knows a guy whose brothers 2nd cousin tried it.

gooldenwending's picture

I know a guy who said he heard about a guy who did this (seriously).

I think it was supposed to have been good for the guy Smile

wave's picture

You truly are a mine of information GW.
Don't stop the music.

roger213's picture

anything like chinese water torture? what is drinking 2.5l of warm boiled water supposed to do?

i know you can die from drinking too much water.

Small Wan's picture

I have practical doubts, how that should work. I mean, drinking a lot of water is never bad, but over two liters after you get up, hmm?
First of all, you can't eat breakfast at least for an hour, because your stomach is full and you can't digest properly, then, you can't take long bus/taxi rides without peeing yourself.
I'd suggest pumping it into other orifices of the body. Wink

gooldenwending's picture
wave wrote:
You truly are a mine of information GW.
Don't stop the music.

Yeah, well, you know, you did say this:
wave wrote:
a guy who knows a guy whose brothers 2nd cousin tried it

It sounded like a desperate plea. I thought I'd through the life jacket...
roadeye's picture

This reminds me of a cousin of my sister's husband. He heard about the health benefits of drinking 8 glasses of water each day. So we are on our way out for the evening and this guy is in the kitchen guzzling water. All 8 glasses at one time! That is not the way to get/stay healthy.

So let me pick at this 2.5L theory (which I have never heard of before):

Is the belief that all you have to do is drink the water? If you spend the rest of every day smoking, eating fatty & salty food, not taking in any more water, and never exercising, you will still be healthy because you drank the water? I think we would agree that the answer is "no".

So, if you eat well, exercise regularly, and do not smoke, you should be pretty healthy. I don't see how bloating your bladder first thing in the morning is going to improve your health if you already have a healthy lifestyle.

And, depending on your size, 2.5L at one time could kill some people, or at least do some damage.

I would not recommend this to anyone, unless I wanted them to die. Read this:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill

roger213's picture

In the States, a radio station had a contest to see who could drink the most water in a sitting. The winner would get a Wii. This lady wanted to buy one for her son, but it was too expensive. So she entered the contest, won and died. This is true. There are some dumb people out there.. and I'm talking about the radio station geniuses.

roadeye wrote:
Is the belief that all you have to do is drink the water? If you spend the rest of every day smoking, eating fatty & salty food, not taking in any more water, and never exercising, you will still be healthy because you drank the water? I think we would agree that the answer is "no".

So, if you eat well, exercise regularly, and do not smoke, you should be pretty healthy. I don't see how bloating your bladder first thing in the morning is going to improve your health if you already have a healthy lifestyle.

there is a book that has the secret of being in great shape. it works, i've tried it. here is an excerpt, "eat less, exercise more. eat less, exercise more. eat less, exercise more. eat less, exercise more. eat less, exercise more. eat less, exercise more..."

dedsall78's picture
wave wrote:
I read about it and all the great claims for health. Apparently you need to drink about 2.5L of warm boiled water first thing in the morning every day, and can't miss a day for as long as you want to stay healthy.

Let me know if you've had any experience with it or can give me any tips as I'm thinking of trying it.

Yeah, 2.5 liters would be excessive even for one day, let alone all at once. Everyone is different but I am a pretty active guy and I carry a water bottle with me everywhere... I still don't drink more than 1.5 liters, 2 liters tops.

My thoughts are that this stemmed from the fact that most people don't drink enough water and their health problems occurred partly due to this fact. By drinking water their current health symptoms went away (I have heard of such things from other doctors). Someone probably took this idea and morphed it into the one you are stating.

Better to just get a 800 mL or 1 L bottle of water and bring it around with you to work or what-not. Just get in the habit of drinking it throughout your day. If you drink around one of those a day (probably more if you work out), you should be fine.

ocpaul20's picture

I have often heard chinese people say that drinking warm water when you have a cold or are sick is beneficial.

People also say that a glass of warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice first thing in the morning will help your liver detoxify. Dont know if there is any evidence for the truth of these.

Best place to go to is www.curezone.com and read all the health forums that interest you. You are bound to find one there that you can agree with. I went there when I had gallbladder trouble and read up as much as I could about the different liver flushes. You have to use common sense though - as with all these things. curezone have forums on everything from drinking your own piss to sticking tubes up your arse and more.

It is very true that most people do not drink enough water each day. Your liver makes between 0.5 and 1.0 litres of bile each day so that alone should make you realise that you need to replace that. There are also the other processes that need and use water to transport various things around the place. I have heard that between 1-2 litres per day is about right for most people but particularly in the BJ winter it gets very dry and you may need to increase it slightly.

The internet is your friend and also your enemy, so use it wisely.

amanda2294's picture

Never heard that before.
But i know that drink a cup of thin honey water (about300ml) is good for your health.

liu20041120's picture
wave wrote:

I am a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and continue my study of these wise ancient forms of balancing and healing. Experience is a good teacher. Lao Tzu, author of the way of the Tao, Oriental spiritual philosophy so aptly teaches: "Surrender yourself humbly. Then you can be trusted to care for all things. Love the world as your own self, then you can truly care for all things." What does all this have to do with water? The earth is made of mostly water as are our bodies. Water is the "universal solvent". Water is central to nature, and to the function and balance of our bodies, minds and spirits. So when we are out of balance, the person responds almost as a raisin responds to the sun in it’s transformation from a grape. Insufficient water in our "salt water" beings, shrivels up our cells and a process of literal meltdown begins to occur. When properly hydrated our cells are better capable of metabolizing properly and our ability to heal ourselves as our creator intended kicks in. The "machine" runs better when well oiled and water is our machines' oil as well as serving many other functions.
Chinese Medicine is based on a "five element theory" and those elements are wood, fire, earth, metal and water. Our bodies have two energy channels (Yin and Yang pairs) representing organ systems in each of those five elements of nature. Optimally, these all work in balance and in synchronized harmony. We opt not to short circuit our energy systems ( like our nervous system) by lack of water. The basic conductor of electrical energy in our nervous system is water and salt. Dehydration creates imbalance which leads to disease, disorder and illness. Basic health is determined by what goes into and comes out of our bodies. How and what we think and believe determines how we manage this system and our spirit or Qi (pronounced Chi) or source energies, is the driving force of life. If de-hydrated our energy is low, whereas proper hydration allows enhanced function and more energy is generated. Toxins are released as water cleanses and filters our body and it's fluids. A car battery doesn't work properly if the water level inside is low. Once we begin to "drain or wear down" our machine, it can begin to experience difficulties which progress in a chain reaction. That's what I realized in the early fall of 1995. The culmination of years of dehydration.
I have made of one kind of water which is same as amniotic Fluid, and treated a lot of diseases, and get very good effects!
Peter Liu-M.D.&Ph.D./Prof. of UM(USA),MNTC(AU),EPM(BR)/16th generation of TCM Master Herbalist/Natural Health Control in any fields/100% Efficacy to the any problems of health/ Swissotel, Beijing. Call:010-81247775 Cell:13426337868 Email:Goodaycare@yahoo.com.cn

dedsall78's picture

I don't think the mods would appreciate an advertisement here... but besides that, are you saying that your "Amniotic Fluid Water" is 100% Efficient?

If so, do you have a medical study to back this up? I would be interested in seeing it.