Babela's Kitchen

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

It looks Chinese gaudy and the service is definitely Chinese but if you are hungry and looks and service aren't important to you the Babela's Kitchen is the place to go. They have a selection of 8 pizzas for 19 yuan and the appetizers are relatively inexpensive. In fact everything is very reasonably priced compared to most restaurants that tourists and expats frequent. The drinks are tall and a Pepsi was only 4 yuan that says a lot to me because things in western style restaurants in China are terribly over priced.

The food is edible but the pizza won't be hailed among the best anywhere but what costs you 60 yuan at Pizza Hut is only 19 yuan there. The Risotto was dry and the BBQ Chicken Wings left something to be desired but hey at the price it was worth the trip.

For those on a limited budget who want a comfortable place to sit and spend some time this is the place. I wouldn't go there for a big celebration but I would take the kids there for their birthday.

美国鬼子

A review!! You've just made admin cream his pants

You don't mind your kids eating crappy food?

Ratomme

ratomme wrote:
You don't mind your kids eating crappy food?

The food wasn't crappy. It just would not measure up to a fine restaurant. The atmosphere, price and selection were the biggest drawing cards of the place. Nothing was bad. I just thought it could be better and at a higher price it would be better. Overall it was a good experience and I will go back.

Let's just say it was somewhere between McDonald's and TGIFriday's.

美国鬼子

pizza in this restaurant is a almost as good joke as
invention of sweetened popcorn.

Icescepter wrote:
pizza in this restaurant is a almost as good joke as
invention of sweetened popcorn.

The invention of sweetened popcorn was a very bad joke played on mankind.

美国鬼子

zhenlai wrote:
It looks Chinese gaudy and the service is definitely Chinese but if you are hungry and looks and service aren't important to you the Babela's Kitchen is the place to go. They have a selection of 8 pizzas for 19 yuan and the appetizers are relatively inexpensive. In fact everything is very reasonably priced compared to most restaurants that tourists and expats frequent. The drinks are tall and a Pepsi was only 4 yuan that says a lot to me because things in western style restaurants in China are terribly over priced.

The food is edible but the pizza won't be hailed among the best anywhere but what costs you 60 yuan at Pizza Hut is only 19 yuan there. The Risotto was dry and the BBQ Chicken Wings left something to be desired but hey at the price it was worth the trip.

For those on a limited budget who want a comfortable place to sit and spend some time this is the place. I wouldn't go there for a big celebration but I would take the kids there for their birthday.

Mind you, the pizza's aren't all 19yuan. The only 19yuan pizza in there is the vegetable pizza. The rest are all around 30 yuan. Get your facts right and don't spread false info.

And the appetizers are inexpensive because the portion is not even enough to feed a hungry hamster. Don't believe me? Order some of those waffle fries or any other appetizers and let me know how ripped off u feel..
The only appetizer worth mentioning is the fried bananas with ice cream dip.

aaronchee83 wrote:
And the appetizers are inexpensive because the portion is not even enough to feed a hungry hamster. Don't believe me? Order some of those waffle fries or any other appetizers and let me know how ripped off u feel..
The only appetizer worth mentioning is the fried bananas with ice cream dip.

Read my post again. I got my facts straight. I just did not name the pizzas that are 19 yuan. However, there was a Mexican Pizza, a Hawaiian Pizza, a French Pizza, and a seafood pizza there for 19 yuan. I think there were two others but I don't remember them.

There were other appetizers that were also good like the potato wedges. I found the entire experience enjoyable and not ripped off at all. My wife liked the "Buffalo" style BBQ chicken even if I didn't. My main intention is that it is a comfortable place to eat if you don't have much money and you are hungry and it would be a good place to take children because they don't really care what the food is like but they like to look at interesting things. It's not for those who are snooty but then I don't think anything really is for them.

美国鬼子