Logged Users (last hour): 14
Registered Users: 227,144

The Chinese have the highest IQ

233 posts / 0 new
Last post
haoren's picture

Recently I have been reading more and more post about the Chinese and their legendary IQ in this forum.

Are there any scientific papers about it or is it just a "feeling" that the Chinese race is the smartest?

I mean their IQ is high if you compare it to the IQ of the average person from Equatorial Guinea (59), Uganda (73) or Ireland (93).

The highest IQ have American (former European) Jews.

And from my personal experience its quite refreshing to not only meet the regular English, Irish, French, German, Danish, Dutch, Greek and Chinese retards travelling in China but also some American or Eastern European Jews.

Guest's picture

It's almost same everywhere in the world, not too much difference.

Count_zero's picture

Chinese people have much LOWER IQs than average.

1. They give their babies formula rather than breastmilk, stunting their intelligence.

2. Almost 50 percent of the population live in extremely polluted cities. They grow up inhaling lead every day which stunts their intelligence.

3. IQ is not set at birth, it requires nurturing. China has an extremely stultifying education system which turns out dull minds.

Of course, if one in a million Chinese people is a genius that's still more than a million geniuses due to the high population.

Chinese people living in America on average have lower IQs than the rest of the population but earn more money - they just work harder.

TheIncredibleEgg's picture

herojuana's picture

I would bet my life that they don't.

I mean c'mon, have you interacted with these people? They can't even talk on a mobile phone and walk at the same time without crashing into people, staggering into the street or walking into a telephone pole.

wefrucar's picture

There are lots of studies that attempt to "rank IQ by country."

Most of them are bullshit, and by any such study is intrinsically unreliable.
The studies often have hugely varying results.

The only consistently high-ranking country is South Korea. China is usually fairly low (if you consider Hong Kong separate, since HK typically scores high).

Guest's picture

@herojuana, caution: No mobile talking when walk, because you may be hitted by car without quick response

Guest's picture

IQ test for forum members

I got 20% :''(

herojuana's picture
silkywave wrote:
@herojuana, caution: No mobile talking when walk, because you may be hitted by car without quick response

See what I mean?

Prime example here of unbelievable stupidity.

Sciency's picture

Hero's right, it's a non-stop retardathon out there.

Guest's picture

Oh, You Think You're Better Than Me?

Guest's picture
herojuana wrote:
silkywave wrote:

See what I mean?

Prime example here of unbelievable stupidity.

So can your brain thinks 3 things at the same time?

Are you a multi threads animal?

@pi, Lol

Sciency's picture

We'd easily be the highest, just that these damn blondes keep skewing down our average.

Sciency's picture

Blond + PETA sinks into Plant Kingdom territory:

Guest's picture

Didn't you post the same thread once before?

How can you measure intelligence without examining how the specific pool of people surveyed where chosen?

For every intelligent person in China, there are at least 50 others who can be deemed clueless.

After all there are 1.3 billion people of which only a fraction pass the national college entrance exam.

otto's picture

the definition of a full mental retard is someone with IQ below room temperature, or thereabouts

So Equatorial Guinea is a nation of complete retards. there are chimpanzees smarter than Equatorial Guineans. Alot of full mongo's are smarter

Uganda is by and large pretty much retarded, The Mongo's can give them a run for their money

I don't think the Irish are actually human anyway, so that's neither here nor there.

haoren's picture

Yes, PWanker, I have written about intelligence before, you are a good observer. Your question: "How can you measure intelligence without examining how the specific pool of people surveyed where chosen?" The answer is: "I simply can."

Korean intelligence is based in the their culture of shame.

Their SEXUAL IQ is probably much lower than the one of Chinese women. But I am still busy with a scientific research about this!

otto's picture
Quote:
Korean intelligence is based in the their culture of shame.

Their SEXUAL IQ is probably much lower than the one of Chinese women. But I am still busy with a scientific research about this!

only on the surface. once the door closes it's game on in the animal kingdom

zhenlai's picture

Haoren why don't you consult the "Keebler Elves" for more information?

ReneeWine's picture
zhenlai wrote:
Haoren why don't you consult the "Keebler Elves" for more information?

Haoren wants to sell more cookies and crackers here.
bobby_liu's picture

some chinese say "chinese are the smartest"

lol

but i think chinese average IQ = that of Iran people

pretty sb actually

i think americans are the smartest

hanxiao's picture

IQ is actually set at birth. If you have tried the exam sheet of IQ test, you will notice that those questions need your brain's instinct of collecting informations and conclude and deduce. This capablility could not increase much by plenty of practice.
people with extrem high IQ is perhaps genius, or idiot. Because they could not have good communication with people with normal IQ. ~X(

What we experience in life is not IQ, but being smart or wise. It could be nurtured by education and experience. As an Chinese saying goes:"读万卷书,行万里路" Travel and reading are best way to be wise. That's why people in good economic conditions normally seem more smart, because they experience more and have more motivation to learn and think.
Most of posters in this forum are multi-lingual and travelled internationally, it is obvious that you feel youself much clever than a Chines girl who works in grocery. But it is too early to say "oh, look at these stupid Chinese "

Peanut : 6 letters
Elephant: 8 letters
Moon : 4 letters
kettle: 6 letters

So elephant is the largest of the four. Furthermore, it is longest and heavest.
Well done! <:P

wave's picture
herojuana wrote:

I mean c'mon, have you interacted with these people? They can't even talk on a mobile phone and walk at the same time without crashing into people, staggering into the street or walking into a telephone pole.

We're wandering into EQ territory here.

Guest's picture
hanxiao wrote:
IQ is actually set at birth. If you have tried the exam sheet of IQ test, you will notice that those questions need your brain's instinct of collecting informations and conclude and deduce. This capablility could not increase much by plenty of practice.
people with extrem high IQ is perhaps genius, or idiot. Because they could not have good communication with people with normal IQ. ~X(

What we experience in life is not IQ, but being smart or wise. It could be nurtured by education and experience. As an Chinese saying goes:"读万卷书,行万里路" Travel and reading are best way to be wise. That's why people in good economic conditions normally seem more smart, because they experience more and have more motivation to learn and think.
Most of posters in this forum are multi-lingual and travelled internationally, it is obvious that you feel youself much clever than a Chines girl who works in grocery. But it is too early to say "oh, look at these stupid Chinese "

Peanut : 6 letters
Elephant: 8 letters
Moon : 4 letters
kettle: 6 letters

So elephant is the largest of the four. Furthermore, it is longest and heavest.
Well done! <:P

I really love what you said here. I give you 100 scores.
blucat's picture

A friend of mine who had an IQ of 150, and was officially at the Mensa level said once to me "The only thing IQ tests measure is your ability to take IQ tests."

Which was rather cleaver I thought.

xenophon's picture
wave wrote:
herojuana wrote:

We're wandering into EQ territory here.

No, I think crashing into phone poles and staggering is STD territory. Sounds like tertiary-stage syphilis.

Guest's picture

Yeah, high IQ doesn't mean something important.

Guest's picture

It doesn't matter. Stop obsessing over this nonsense.

This is all stupid Matrixy shit. Constantly comparing ourselves.

IQ tests are bullshit.

There are many different kinds of intelligence, anyway. And people need to find their strengths and gravitate towards careers that are suitable.

wave's picture

So settle for shitty jobs which they are barely capable of doing at the time with no scope for improvement.
Is that what you're saying Pi?

Count_zero's picture

> IQ is actually set at birth.

I don't think so.

A French study:

…when poor children are adopted into upper-middle-class households, their I.Q.’s rise by 12 to 18 points, depending on the study. For example, a French study showed that children from poor households adopted into upper-middle-class homes averaged an I.Q. of 107 by one test and 111 by another. Their siblings who were not adopted averaged 95 on both tests.

No source, but:

Good schooling correlates particularly closely to higher I.Q.’s. One indication of the importance of school is that children’s I.Q.’s drop or stagnate over the summer months when they are on vacation (particularly for kids whose parents don’t inflict books or summer programs on them).

An American study:

Professor Nisbett [professor of psychology at the University of Michigan] strongly advocates intensive early childhood education because of its proven ability to raise I.Q. and improve long-term outcomes. The Milwaukee Project, for example, took African-American children considered at risk for mental retardation and assigned them randomly either to a control group that received no help or to a group that enjoyed intensive day care and education from 6 months of age until they left to enter first grade.

By age 5, the children in the program averaged an I.Q. of 110, compared with 83 for children in the control group. Even years later in adolescence, those children were still 10 points ahead in I.Q.

All these examples are from a New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/16/opinion/16kristof.html

Guest's picture

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Don't put words in my mouth.

And don't assume and make an ass out of U and longhshao.

What are we accomplishing with these IQ tests exactly?

Yeah, some people are smarter than others. So what?
Do we need to rub it in the faces of those who have less aptitude for logic puzzles?

I mean if you've blessed with good looks, you naturally gravitate towards acting and modelling.

If you're blessed with brains, you gravitate towards astrophysics.

What do we need these tests for exactly?

And this OP bobo is trying to label an entire country here. The Chinese have higher IQs.

Repeat after me -- HEIL FUHRER PI !!!

Pages