which movie you have watched more than once and still want to watch it for the xxxxth time?

29 posts / 0 new
Last post

To me, Love Actually is the movie I keep watching every Christmas or Valentine's Day. Do you have the same feeling of a movie that you want to repeat watching it? If so, I'd like to know. I want to watch some great movies recently, and have no idea at all.

The Princess Bride.

Quite cheesy, but still, in my opinion, an awesome classic.

Rocky
The Karate Kid
Airport
There are too many others to say

Back to the Future
Stripes
Ghostbusters
Old School
Animal house

...zillions of others.

Hello Heartattack,

If you appreciated love actually that much, I can tell you are a romantic.

You probably will like The Terminal, by Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones, great movie with happy ending. <:P

Other than that, I used to like another, A LOT LIKE LOVE, by Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet, sweet drama.

Neither of those two is heavy or sad.

The Princess Bride ain't cheesy, it's a classic.

Movies I watch at least once a year:

Chopper

Dumb and Dumber

First Blood

Anchorman

herojuana wrote:

Chopper

Dumb and Dumber

First Blood

Anchorman

Kelly Bundy is forever bitchin!

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! Love that movie, good for Christmas time or anytime, Chevy Chase was actually f-ing funny at one time.

herojuana wrote:

Chopper

Dumb and Dumber

First Blood

Anchorman

Hello Hero, ;;) B-)

If you watch Dumb and Dumber too many times, you will probably remember every funny part of it. :^o

So how can you enjoy something highly predictable? :? 8|

A good funny joke or funny line in a movie if well done is always funny even when you know it is coming. Dumb and Dumber is great because then lines are not only funny but the actors were perfect for the roles and act out the facial expressions and jokes perfectly, as if they are really those two idiots. Like Chevy Chase, Jim Carey was really funny once too, now he takes himself way to seriously.

sereneselchie wrote:
herojuana wrote:

Chopper

Dumb and Dumber

First Blood

Anchorman

Hello Hero, ;;) B-)

If you watch Dumb and Dumber too many times, you will probably remember every funny part of it. :^o

chaofan wrote:
A good funny joke or funny line in a movie if well done is always funny even when you know it is coming. Dumb and Dumber is great because then lines are not only funny but the actors were perfect for the roles and act out the facial expressions and jokes perfectly, as if they are really those two idiots. Like Chevy Chase, Jim Carey was really funny once too, now he takes himself way to seriously.

Which movie are you talking about? :/

Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind?

The Truman Show?

Mostly Jim Carey still does comedies, I thought. :W

He does still do comedies, just that they are not that funny. Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, that was his peak. I did see him on Conan or Letterman the other day and he was really funny on there. Has some new movie out about being gay or something, not sure what the topic is in that movie.

said before and i'll say it again... must have watched this 50 times or more.

Thanks, that's sweet. It's true I like happy-ending movies.
The Terminal, I think I might watch it long time ago.

sereneselchie wrote:
Hello Heartattack,

If you appreciated love actually that much, I can tell you are a romantic.

You probably will like The Terminal, by Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones, great movie with happy ending. <:P

Other than that, I used to like another, A LOT LIKE LOVE, by Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet, sweet drama.

Neither of those two is heavy or sad.

Jim Carey....um I watched almost all of his movies. Still funny but obviously getting old.

chaofan wrote:
sereneselchie wrote:
herojuana wrote:

Chopper

Dumb and Dumber

First Blood

Anchorman

Hello Hero, ;;) B-)

In England, they almost always show these movies at Christmas, and, as I was home last Christmas, we all sat down and hugely enjoyed these family movies which I must have seen a hundred times each:

Oliver!
The Sound Of Music
Mary Poppins
The Wizard Of Oz
Star Wars
Superman

On a more adult and non musical note, yeah Nananananananananananananananananyeeeeeeeah, I never get tired of True Romance, it's a modern classic.

Others:

A Clockwork Orange (natch)
Pulp Fiction
The Godfather movies (yes, all three)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
taxi driver
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
First Blood
An American Werewolf In London
To Kill A Mockingbird
Blazing Saddles
Stir Crazy
The Big Lebowski
Trainspotting
Goodfellas

And loads of others which I can't think of now.

Love Actually, I actually really enjoy with the missus. And loads of Christmas movies that I break out every year.

i'd have to say love actually is my favourite christmas movie. when is hbo going to start running it?? it's about that time isn't it ? i am sick of that one with jennifer aniston.

Yeah....Christmas family routine, I can imagine.

alex the droog wrote:
In England, they almost always show these movies at Christmas, and, as I was home last Christmas, we all sat down and hugely enjoyed these family movies which I must have seen a hundred times each:

Oliver!
The Sound Of Music
Mary Poppins
The Wizard Of Oz
Star Wars
Superman

On a more adult and non musical note, yeah Nananananananananananananananananyeeeeeeeah, I never get tired of True Romance, it's a modern classic.

Others:

A Clockwork Orange (natch)
Pulp Fiction
The Godfather movies (yes, all three)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
taxi driver
Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
First Blood
An American Werewolf In London
To Kill A Mockingbird
Blazing Saddles
Stir Crazy
The Big Lebowski
Trainspotting
Goodfellas

And loads of others which I can't think of now.

Love Actually, I actually really enjoy with the missus. And loads of Christmas movies that I break out every year.

that one with Jennifer Aniston? Which one?

nanananayeah wrote:
i'd have to say love actually is my favourite christmas movie. when is hbo going to start running it?? it's about that time isn't it ? i am sick of that one with jennifer aniston.
Heartattack wrote:
that one with Jennifer Aniston? Which one?
nanananayeah wrote:

Exactly!!

The Big Lebowski
As Good As It Gets
Braveheart
Die Hard
Predator
4 Weddings
Home Alone
The Thomas Crown Affair remake (seriously)

I can't possibly come up with a comprehensive list, but off the top of my head...

Amelie
Moulin Rouge!
RENT
The Dark Crystal
Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Breakfast Club
Pretty Woman
Big
Across The Universe
Dirty Dancing
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Goonies
Swing Kids
Grease
Best In Show
The Usual Suspects

I tried to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's, but didn't get the point and only watched half of it.
O:)

carrieann wrote:
I can't possibly come up with a comprehensive list, but off the top of my head...

Amelie
Moulin Rouge!
RENT
The Dark Crystal
Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Breakfast Club
Pretty Woman
Big
Across The Universe
Dirty Dancing
The Goonies
Swing Kids
Grease
Best In Show
The Usual Suspects

Heartattack wrote:
I tried to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's, but didn't get the point and only watched half of it.
O:)
carrieann wrote:

Amelie
Moulin Rouge!
RENT
The Dark Crystal
Breakfast At Tiffany's
The Breakfast Club
Pretty Woman
Big
Across The Universe
Dirty Dancing
The Goonies
Swing Kids
Grease
Best In Show
The Usual Suspects

First of all read the novella.

In an idealized New York City during the early '60s, Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) is a charming socialite with a youthful zest for life who lives alone in a nearly bare apartment. She has such a flippant lifestyle that she won't even give her cat a name, because that would be too much of a commitment to a relationship. Maintaining a childlike innocence yet wearing the most perfect of designer clothes and accessories from Givenchy, she spends her time on expensive dates and at high-class parties.

I guess I lost the courage to watch it, even if so many people love it.

the matrix. [the only part i dont like is when they are in that club where neo meets trinity, each time that fucking song is wayyyy too loud for the rest : epic one liners. and i just love those agent smith monologues]

snatch. [at a certain point i could turn off the sound and just voice over every line from the movie, it was really annoying for whoever was watching it with me... i guess that's another reason why she left me... /sigh]

la haine. because its probably the best movie ever made.

goodfellas definitely

aliens. it defines the word epic.

fear loathing vegas. because im a junkie at heart

lord of war with nicholas cage. because he can actually be pretty good when the movie isnt a piece of shit.

etc etc etc
the dark knight. i must have seen it over 100 times now. heath ledger you sir are awesome. and i just laugh each time christian bale does that voice.

terminator II : judgement day. even to this day it inspires a whole generation.

28 days / weeks later. danny boyle is a genius.

theres too many to mention.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Valley Girl
After Hours
Better off Dead (any Savage Steve Holland movie for that matter)
Odd Jobs
Hamburger the Movie
Meatballs
Night Shift
Caddyshack

The September Issue
The Devil Wears Prada
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Aristocats
The Parent Trap (orignal one, not the remake)
Gone With the Wind

Lots more, but these immediately popped into my mind.
Movies I have watched more than once and DO NOT WANT to watch ever, ever again:
Any Barbie movie, especially Search for the Diamond Castle.