why do americanoes and Canadians like dongbei and its people?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

more shocking thing: they love to marry them.
beijingers cannot grasp this

I like the men in Dongbei, but I would never marry one. Or even hold his penis while he was taking a whizz.

"You offer a compelling argument. However, it fails to take into account the fact that I am right and you are wrong."

Xylophone wrote:

I like the men in Dongbei, but I would never marry one. Or even hold his penis while he was taking a whizz.

Well, this begs the question. Is there a man for whom you would hold his schlong whilst he urinated?

Pity the man too dense for satire.

All accents are equal, except some accents are more equal than others.

LysanderWrites wrote:
Xylophone wrote:

Well, this begs the question. Is there a man for whom you would hold his schlong whilst he urinated?

You mean, "invites the question."

"Beg the question" is an informal logical fallacy. It means you assume the truth of an argument's conclusion in order to prove the conclusion. Sinclair Lewis' Elmer Gantry has a classic example. "How do I know the Bible is true? Why, it says so right here in the Bible and if it wasn't true, it wouldn't be in the Bible now, would it?!"

I know vernacular usage since the late 1980's has used "beg the question" to mean "invite the question." This, however, indicates the speaker is unaware of the phrase's time-honored meaning that refers to the logical fallacy. I doubt you are unaware. So do avoid this faux pas.

See: Corbett, Philip B. (25 September 2008). "Begging the Question, Again". New York Times.

"You offer a compelling argument. However, it fails to take into account the fact that I am right and you are wrong."

You make a good point, my knowledge of the English language isn't eidetic, so I do forget things. However, you didn't answer the question. Is there a man for whom you would hold his schlong while he urinated? If you wish to preserve some ambiguity, a yes or no answer will suffice.

Pity the man too dense for satire.

All accents are equal, except some accents are more equal than others.