Criminal Record Check

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi,

I am currently in the process of moving to Beijing from Tokyo, where I have lived the last 8 years.

I have a quetion regarding the criminal record check.My record is clean so no worries there.
However, I have read conflicting information about just how far back the record must check.
Some sources have said the check must date back to 18 years of age whereas other sources just say your most previous residence.

Japan is able to issue a record check for the 8 years I lived here.
It is the same standard record used by all company employees who are transferred to Japan so no problem.
My question is: Do I need a separate record check for the U.S. for years 18 to 20? I would like to think 8 year track record of no crimes living in a foreign country is sufficient.

Many thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Tim

Timcooper wrote:

Hi,

I am currently in the process of moving to Beijing from Tokyo, where I have lived the last 8 years.

I have a quetion regarding the criminal record check.My record is clean so no worries there.
However, I have read conflicting information about just how far back the record must check.
Some sources have said the check must date back to 18 years of age whereas other sources just say your most previous residence.

Japan is able to issue a record check for the 8 years I lived here.
It is the same standard record used by all company employees who are transferred to Japan so no problem.
My question is: Do I need a separate record check for the U.S. for years 18 to 20? I would like to think 8 year track record of no crimes living in a foreign country is sufficient.

Many thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Tim

I'm not sure, but to avoid the hassle of permits getting rejected I would recommend you look to acquire the same thing from your home country too to submit together, just in case.

A word of advice, criminal records checks need to be legalised by a Chinese embassy or consulate first before being submitted too.

The cleanest, meanest, leanest, obscenest and most heinous penis....