Sheldon finally got married...

21 posts / 0 new
Last post

As a sweet result of a 15-year relationship, Jim Parsons finally married his boyfriend. Just take a look at his smile on their wedding, we can feel how happy he was. Maybe homo relationships are more long-lasting than straight ones. What do you think?

曲径通幽处  禅房花木深  山光悦鸟性  潭影空人心

Candy1988 wrote:

As a sweet result of a 15-year relationship, Jim Parsons finally married his boyfriend. Just take a look at his smile on their wedding, we can feel how happy he was. Maybe homo relationships are more long-lasting than straight ones. What do you think?

Bad

I have no idea who these people are but surely anyone who isn't getting married under duress is going to look happy on their wedding day, no matter their sexual orientation.

Digital Content Managing Editor, the Beijinger

I think probably homosexual relationships last longer, at least when its male-male. Less Venus/Mars stress.

Plus, guys pretty much only think about one thing (maybe two, if you count hobbies), so put two together and they can probably get along for quite a while

Books by current and former Beijinger staffers

http://astore.amazon.com/truerunmedia-20

admin wrote:

I think probably homosexual relationships last longer, at least when its male-male. Less Venus/Mars stress.

Plus, guys pretty much only think about one thing (maybe two, if you count hobbies), so put two together and they can probably get along for quite a while

one thing?

you mean: sex?

GeorgeThomas wrote:

admin wrote:

one thing?

No, I mean knitting

tomarnstein wrote:

I have no idea who these people are but surely anyone who isn't getting married under duress is going to look happy on their wedding day, no matter their sexual orientation.

I thought all the native English speakers have watched or at least heard of The Big Bang Theory...

曲径通幽处 禅房花木深 山光悦鸟性 潭影空人心

Candy1988 wrote:
tomarnstein wrote:

I thought all the native English speakers have watched or at least heard of The Big Bang Theory...

I have not watched it.

美国鬼子

I watched it once.

Was not motivated to watch it again

admin wrote:
GeorgeThomas wrote:
admin wrote:

one thing?

No, I mean knitting

I've learned, picked up tons of urban dictionary word from you.

Blush

Candy1988 wrote:

That's one helluva an overgeneralization, based on one case.

...the spiritual strength of the West fails and its joints crack... this moribund semblance of a culture caves in and drags all forces into confusion and lets them suffocate in madness.--Heidegger

Candy1988 wrote:
tomarnstein wrote:

Why would you think that? That's like my bro'-in-law thinking today's Chinese still goaround quoting Mao's Little Red Book.

All I have to do is look at the picture advertising the show to know it has nothing to say to me. Because, yes. You can judge a book by its dust jacket.

...the spiritual strength of the West fails and its joints crack... this moribund semblance of a culture caves in and drags all forces into confusion and lets them suffocate in madness.--Heidegger

It's so unbelievable! You guys must dislike learning scientific knowledge in a fun way. Whether it's generation gap or not, a laughter every once in a while is quite important for one's health, especially mental health.

The crazy fans of The Big Bang Theory may punch you if they know that you have depreciated the show in such a way!

曲径通幽处 禅房花木深 山光悦鸟性 潭影空人心

Candy1988 wrote:

It's so unbelievable! You guys must dislike learning scientific knowledge in a fun way. Whether it's generation gap or not, a laughter every once in a while is quite important for one's health, especially mental health.

The crazy fans of The Big Bang Theory may punch you if they know that you have depreciated the show in such a way!

I laugh, but at other things: cripples, hunchbacks, old geezers who fall head-first down staircases and people with funny foreign accents.

Don't you think beating someone over a TV show is a bit over-the-top? Maybe even unharmonious?

'Punch' was a metaphor I used.

曲径通幽处 禅房花木深 山光悦鸟性 潭影空人心

Candy1988 wrote:

What was punch a metaphor for anyway?

A metaphor says that something is something else.

Xylophone is a white knight.

美国鬼子

being an enemy culturally

曲径通幽处 禅房花木深 山光悦鸟性 潭影空人心

Candy1988 wrote:

being an enemy culturally

Punch is not a metaphor in this sense. You must try harder to write figurative speech correctly.

美国鬼子

zhenlai wrote:
Candy1988 wrote:

What was punch a metaphor for anyway?

A metaphor says that something is something else.

Xylophone is a white knight.

But not a Knight of the White Camilia.

jj, you are the knight of KFC, i.e., the fat and sunshine grandpa CEO.

sometimes, I feel like a gloomy rainy day like today and think of it as a good change from sunny ones, much like Vancouver's weather.

GeorgeThomas wrote:
jj, you are the knight of KFC, i.e., the fat and sunshine grandpa CEO. sometimes, I feel like a gloomy rainy day like today and think of it as a good change from sunny ones, much like Vancouver's weather.

I was out on Line 15 today. It felt eerily like the suburbs of Hannover, what witrh the weather.