Experience with Russian Embassy in Beijing

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi! Has anybody here experience with the Russian Embassy?

I have to get my Russian Tourist Visa here in Beijing. Already made an appointment, but I have to wait a few weeks and I cant find good information on the net.

- Is it better to go to the Embassy, or the Russian Visa Center that they suggest on their website? (Website of the visa center doesnt work at the moment, so I'm not sure if they still exist)
- Should I still come 1 hour early to my appointment, or are a few minutes enough? How busy is it there?
- Anything I should know before I go there? E.g. dont bring laptop, tablet, backpack (was really surprised the first time that that happened - I need to bring that stuff with me, or lock it up somewhere if I'm not allowed to)
- Is it possible to take the picture in the embassy, or do I have to do it before I arrive there? My only remaining passport photo is US size and between 6 and 7 months old
- Do they except foreign Visa/MasterCard, or only cash?

Your help is very much appreciated

Cheers

pm cat

she knows everything

Kiss 3

https://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2015/04/20/warning-scam-blackmailing-cyberterrorism-cftu-anthony-bruce-dimarco-aka-dicarlo

Jessica B. wrote:

Hi! Has anybody here experience with the Russian Embassy?

I have to get my Russian Tourist Visa here in Beijing. Already made an appointment, but I have to wait a few weeks and I cant find good information on the net.

- Is it better to go to the Embassy, or the Russian Visa Center that they suggest on their website? (Website of the visa center doesnt work at the moment, so I'm not sure if they still exist)
- Should I still come 1 hour early to my appointment, or are a few minutes enough? How busy is it there?
- Anything I should know before I go there? E.g. dont bring laptop, tablet, backpack (was really surprised the first time that that happened - I need to bring that stuff with me, or lock it up somewhere if I'm not allowed to)
- Is it possible to take the picture in the embassy, or do I have to do it before I arrive there? My only remaining passport photo is US size and between 6 and 7 months old
- Do they except foreign Visa/MasterCard, or only cash?

Your help is very much appreciated

Cheers

You can get passport photos in just about any shop that does photocopies. Look for 复印 "photocopies" in the window. Tell them you need 护照照片. Get half a dozen: you'll use them sooner or later here.

You ask if they "except" credit cards. Just bring cash: they accept that everywhere.

In Beijing, always go everywhere early. Delays do occur with this shitty traffic. An hour early would be excessive, though. Grab a coffee nearby and show up 15 minutes early.

Who suggests the Russian Visa Center? The Embassy itself? If they suggest it, maybe you should go there, then. Filling out a foreign country's forms can be confusing. You'll pay more with the center, I'm guessing. But they'll do it right.

Life gives only the choice of victory or defeat. It does not grant the luxury of war or peace."---Oswald Spengler

All the information you can find on the website of Russian embassy. If you worry or have any questions just call them http://www.russia.org.cn/en/consular_issues/russian-visa-2/

By the way Russian embassy accepts only Union pay cards and no cash. No idea about visa centre.

inaya-inna wrote:

All the information you can find on the website of Russian embassy. If you worry or have any questions just call them http://www.russia.org.cn/en/consular_issues/russian-visa-2/

By the way Russian embassy accepts only Union pay cards and no cash. No idea about visa centre.

Now that is useful to know.

Life gives only the choice of victory or defeat. It does not grant the luxury of war or peace."---Oswald Spengler

do all politicians lie?
do most of them lie?
do they have to lie?
do chinese politicians.lie.more often?
why.do.they lie?

https://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2015/04/20/warning-scam-blackmailing-cyberterrorism-cftu-anthony-bruce-dimarco-aka-dicarlo

I have done that same thing a few times,,, its really easy to do, the Russian Embassy people were fantastic!!! I got lots of help even during a time of "strained" relations.... they are a hell of alot easier and better to deal with than the Americans!!!!

Oops,, sorry,,, I just went to the Embassy,,, and if you have questions, call them, they are extremely helpful... that way you get the answers directly that you want...

Tim USA wrote:

I have done that same thing a few times,,, its really easy to do, the Russian Embassy people were fantastic!!! I got lots of help even during a time of "strained" relations.... they are a hell of alot easier and better to deal with than the Americans!!!!

I don't know about the Russians. But I found East German and Iranian border control far easier to deal with than their U.S. counterparts. That's what watching too many police dramas does to one, I guess.