Assimilation / Chinesization;

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

Have any foreigners here assimilated into Chinese society; to have truly changed your perspective and now identify as Chinese? The Chinese word for this is Hanhua 汉化. History shows that assimilation was the standard practice of immigrants in the past. However, it seems multi-culturalism has caught on in the West. I have never met a foreigner who identifies as Chinese, but there are many bananas that identify as Westerners.

I think it goes back to a basic underpining of many foreign-sino problem: foreigners have not yet learnt to respect China. Despite China's great growth and historical dominance, foreigners still think of China as weak. I fear it will take a war before the West finally learns the new order of the world. What a pity. Maybe I am mistaken and the great leaders of the party can orchestrate a change in the hearts of the foreigners. I guess only time will tell.

China effectively forbids immigration. At best, one can get a 10 year green card. So why assimilate to a place that does not really want one? By the way, I am NOT criticizing here. I admire Xi for his efforts to keep China Chinese. Ditto Putin for keeping Russia Russian.

I am on earth to help others. So why the hell are the others here?

Xylophone wrote:

China effectively forbids immigration. At best, one can get a 10 year green card. So why assimilate to a place that does not really want one? By the way, I am NOT criticizing here. I admire Xi for his efforts to keep China Chinese. Ditto Putin for keeping Russia Russian.

You're starting to grow on me, Xylophone.

China needs to start acting like a world leader if it ever wants to be respected as a world leader.

Still a long way off.

WARNING: China Foreign Teachers' Union (CFTU) is a scam run by a convicted felon. UPDATE: He's now calling it China Teacher's Alliance. Still a scam.

i love the word "chink", for its beautiful pronunciation. soundz like a delicate ancient antique cup or somethign made of jade in the colour of green.

Kiss 3

× Log in successful for jj.

GeorgeThomas wrote:

i love the word "chink", for its beautiful pronunciation. soundz like a delicate ancient antique cup or somethign made of jade in the colour of green.

Kiss 3

Actually, it sounds better than "Chinese." You're lucky. My grandma whas Slovak, which sounds like a steelworker puking after a Saturday night drunk.

do steelworkers sex each other after puking after a Saturday night drunk?

Kiss 3

× Log in successful for jj.

GeorgeThomas wrote:

do steelworkers sex each other after puking after a Saturday night drunk?

Kiss 3

Why don't you get drunk with them and report back to us?