Blog Category - Beijing News

Maosoleum to Close for Repairs, Will Reopen in September
If you’re looking to visit the pickled remains of China’s former Chairman, best get to Tiananmen Square before Wednesday.
Don't Feel Like You Belong in Beijing? You're Not Alone
Do you sometimes feel like you don't belong in Beijing?
Tsinghua University Makes it Easier for Foreign Students to Get In, Chinese Students Pissed Off
Tsinghua has started a heated debate throughout the country's student population after lowering requirements for applicants that hold foreign pass
O2O Bike-Rental Deposits in China May Not be as Secure as Users Think
This post comes courtesy of our content partners at TechNode.
DP Vendors: Alien Street Market to Close by End of February and Undergo Yashow-esque Facelift
Hou had not only resorted to selling the luggage at her stall at half price – she'll also soon have to pack up some bags of her own and move on.
R2 Is Your Rice Cooker Poisoning You?
Food safety concerns in China are nothing new.
R Smog Makes 70% of China Unhappy (The Other 30% Probably Own Coal Mines)
Seven out of 10 China residents are unhappy about smog and 71 percent claim to wear masks on smoggy days, a recent survey detailed in the...
Olympics Brings Business Boon to Chongli, But Housing and Environmental Calamities Loom
The days of Chongli being a sleepy rural Hebei district are quickly coming to an end, and the area becomes a focal point for both good and bad new
Spring Arrives Early in Beijing with Peach Blossom Subway Advertisement
While the West prefers to follow the authority of a burrowing rodent, China has its own
Meituan Adds Ride-Hailing Feature to Take on Didi
This post comes courtesy of our content partners at TechNode.
Move Over, Ofo and Mobike: Rent an Electric Car for Just 1RMB Per Hour
Beijing's sharing economy has taken a huge step forward with the recent announcement that some...
 Beijing Aims to Smash its 2013 Targets by Reducing Coal Burning by 30 Percent this Year
Beijing mayor Cai Qi has announced government plans to further reduce coal burning within the municipality by 30 percent this year.
Rat Out Your Neighbors and Make Sweet Money With This New Chaoyang Masses App
You might remember one enterprising Chinese citizen who earned a reward of
Japanese Pulp Thrillers Top List of Peking University's Most Popular Books
A statistical analysis by Peking University Library shows that when its student body isn't reading course-assigned books about economics and polit