2012 May 16 Peep Peep: A Guide to Stopping Perverts in Their Tracks
It's summer. There is no point attempting to deceive ourselves any longer. Turn on the office air conditioning and face the facts (and if you don’t have air conditioning, join the club). What exactly does summer mean in a city like ours? Well, short skirts. Also, perverts. The problem is real – as the Chinese police and just about any short-skirt-wearing young lady can tell you. But how to deal with it? Read on for our guide.
There are any number of ways to deal with this problem. One of our co-workers suggested: "Just accept that it will happen and always wear nice underwear." Less passive strategies include carrying a cactus as a weapon at all times or using complex distance measuring to ensure no creep can see up your skirt on the subway, as the Chinese police suggest on their Weibo.
Entertaining as these these methods are, they lack a certain practicality. So here’s a list of ways to ensure that the only photos of your panties that end up online are the ones you've posted yourself.
- Don’t wear skirts. Wear trousers. Problem solved.
- If you absolutely must wear a skirt, wear biker shorts under it.
- Or wear a long flowy skirt, but not a see-through one. That’s just asking for it.
- Though it may seem obvious, avoid men with mirrors (or cell phones) on their shoes.
Come to think of it:
- Avoid Siif, Alba and Drei Kronen. (Glass floors.)
- Avoid public swimming pools.
- Avoid escalators and stairs in subway stations/malls.
- Avoid men.
And if you can't stop the upskirt pervs, then at least make them think twice about doing it again. Take a self-defense class or get down to the local flower market to arm yourself with that cactus.