Down 100+ Free-Flow Beers at Great Leap Brewing's Beijing Invitational Craft Beer Festival, Mar 10-12
Great Leap Brewing has announced the final beery lineup for their third Beijing Invitational Craft Beer Festival, which returns March 10-12 at TRB Copper. You might remember (strong emphasis on might) that last year the crew brought 16 breweries from around the world together, but this year, they've outdone themselves twofold, with 35 breweries signed up to attend.
The festival is divided into seven beer-tasting sessions throughout Friday to Sunday, each day featuring a range of canapés to pair with the more than 100 beers.
Each session lasts two hours and will be limited to 240 people. Each attendee will get a 150ml glass in order to sample the free-flow beers. Tickets cost RMB 350 each, or you can opt for the pamper package and start your day right with a 3.5 hour five-course brunch paired with specially selected beers for RMB 650. If you're truly obsessed with craft beer, then get a weekend pass (access to three sessions) for RMB 908 or the deluxe weekend pass (brunch, access to three sessions, and a T-shirt) for RMB 1,508. Tickets can be bought here now.
Below is the final list alongside with some personal favorites in parentheses so you can make the most of your two-hour window and head straight towards the good stuff.
- Odell Brewing Company (Runoff Red IPA)
- Lakefront Brewery (Lakefront IPA)
- Last Name Brewing (Pomona Queen)
- New Holland Brewing Company
- Empire Brewing Company
- Victory Brewing Company (Golden Monkey)
- As well as 15 more American breweries, which will be represented by the Brewer’s Association
- Baird Brewing Company (West Coast Wheat Wine)
New Zealand Breweries
- 8 Wired Brewing Company (iStout)
- Yeastie Boys (Her Majesty 2016)
- Hallertau Brewery (Maximus Humulus Lupus)
- Birkenhead Brewing Company (Kauri Double IPA)
- Moon Dog Craft Brewery (Splice of Heaven)
- Kaiju! Beer
- Mikkeller (Beer Geek Brunch Weasel 2016)
- Oedipus Brewing (Mannenliefde)
- Warpigs Brewpub (Vitus the Great, co-brewed with GLB and Boxing Cat)
- Lervig Aktiebryggeri (Konrad’s Stout)
- Taihu Brewing
Hong Kongnese Breweries
- Young Master Ales
Mainland Chinese Breweries
- Boxing Cat Brewing Company
- Chengdu Harvest Brewing Company
Be prepared, make a strategy in advance, and see you there!
More stories by this author here.
Photos courtesy of Great Leap Brewing