Blog Tag - Air Pollution

"Whale Rider" Author Witi Ihimaera to Give Bookworm Talk, March 24
As the first published author of New Zealand's Māori Aboriginal minority, Witi Ihimaera has taken tales that are very specific to his culture and
Blueair's Pro Series Tackles and Cleans Large Spaces Easily
Sponsored by Blueair
When Beijing gets crazily hazy, many of us scurry indoors, but that's often not nearly enough to get out of harm's way.
DP Beicology: Beijing's Last Large Coal-Fired Power Plant Suspends Operations, No One Notices
Though you wouldn't know it – based on the abysmally high AQI levels we've put up with over the past couple of days – the operation of Beijing's l
Melting Polar Ice Caps Mean That Beijing's in for Many More Airpocalypses, Experts Warn
If you think Beijing's horrendous pollution levels couldn't get any worse, then brace yourself for more bad news.
DP Research Finds B Vitamins May Protect Against Air Pollution: How to Make Sure you Hit Your RDA
After a recent spate of crystal clear blue skies we'd almost forgotten about the smog but even though the AQI is creeping back up again there may
Beijing in Brief 3/4: More Foreign Students, A Billion In Spending = 1.8% Traffic Improvement
Every time the sun sets on the Beijinger's editorial offices, we lament the fact that there's still so much we never got to that day.
Move Over, Imports: China's Top Selling Air Purifier is Made at Home by Xiaomi
As public awareness continues to increase over the dangers of air pollution, Chinese consumers have turned to home air purifiers for protection.
How Would You Improve Beijing? The City Wants Your Suggestions
As great as life in Beijing can be, there are times when the sky isn't so blue, it takes too long to get somewhere, and you may be wishing you'd r
Are “Vertical Forests” the Solution to Beijing's Pollution?
Beijing authorities’ previous attempts to control the pollution problem have focused on reducing emissions from factories and power plants.
R Smog Makes 70% of China Unhappy (The Other 30% Probably Own Coal Mines)
Seven out of 10 China residents are unhappy about smog and 71 percent claim to wear masks on smoggy days, a recent survey detailed in the...
Move Over, Ofo and Mobike: Rent an Electric Car for Just 1RMB Per Hour
Beijing's sharing economy has taken a huge step forward with the recent announcement that some...
 Beijing Aims to Smash its 2013 Targets by Reducing Coal Burning by 30 Percent this Year
Beijing mayor Cai Qi has announced government plans to further reduce coal burning within the municipality by 30 percent this year.
China Ponders Smog Subsidy for Outside Workers
A recent debate on providing public works employees extra pay for working in polluted air has got us thinking: How hard can it be to supply these
DP What to Order and From Where When the AQI is High
You know the drill by now: the AQI is pushing 300 for the fifth day in a row and you're starting to just feel generally gross.
R2 Bioscarf: A New Player in Pollution Protection?
Masks – they’re a fact of life in Beijing on those high AQI days. But what if your kids, like many others, resist wearing one?