It's Back and Burger than Ever! Gear Up for the Beijinger 2015 Burger Cup
That's right folks, the Beijinger Burger Cup is back for 2015 and it's bigger and better than ever!
Like last year, we are kicking off the proceedings with a huge Burger Cup Launch Party, held at Universal Creative Park, just opposite the north gate of 798, on August 15, 11am-8pm. This year's venue is pretty darn big so you'll be able to sample and gorge on burgers, beers, and much more from over 30 of Beijing's favorite restaurants and bars!
A special thanks to Oasis International Health for providing such as awesome venue!
It's early days yet, but we have some pretty big vendors already confirmed:
- Home Plate Bar-B-Que – Three time Burger Cup champion – will they do it again this year?
- Q Mex – aA surprise favorite at last year's Burger Cup Launch Party
- Loft Eatalicious – Three super-popular stores spread across the city
- Blue Frog – Big burgers and clever flavor combinations make this one of Beijing's most popular joints
- Great Leap – Craft beers and burgers come together at Beijing's biggest local brewery
- Slow Boat – Slow Boat's excellent patties took home second place last year. How will they fare this year?
- Vandergeeten – Last year our readers said they preferred drinking beer with burgers, so fuel up on some of your favorite brands at Vandergeeten's stand
- Duvel – Slake that burger-induced thirst with a pint of crisp Duvel or Vedett
- Hotel Maximilian – The head chef at Paulaner Maximilian has come up with a burger promotion just for the Burger Cup, featuring everything from classic burgers, to a pretzel burger celebrating their German roots
- Lily's American Diner – Classic Americana burgers from one of Beijing's favorite American comfort food joints
- Panda Brew – Tasty and cool craft beers from one of Beijing's smaller brewing operations
- Fly Pizza – Take a break from all those burgers with a slice of pizza from this popular Korean pizza and fried chicken joint
- YY Restaurant – Burgers come big and brash at this Jianguomen restaurant. Also serving excellent ice tea with a blend of Chinese and western teas
- Luga's Villa – Although mostly known for their Mexican food, Luga's also serves up a mean burger
- McCain – Get some fries to go with that burger from international giant McCain, who will also be sponsoring our goodie bags!
- V-Continent Beijing Parkview Wuzhou Hotel – Quality burgers from this busy international hotel, located near the Olympic Park
- Never Coffee – Meet China's first bottled speciality coffee
- Cheers – For those that prefer a wine with their burger, grab a reasonably-priced glass from everyone's favorite wine store, Cheers
- Schiller's –Western pub grub - including burgers - and German specialities from this long-running restaurant and bar
In addition, look forward to kid's activities, bands and performances, and special burger-themed contests. More on that soon!
As usual, voting will kick off on August 15 after the launch party, so until then, get out there and start eating burgers or just look at a bunch of people enjoying themselves during last year's event here and here!
More stories by this author here.
Photo: the Beijinger